Therapist Fellow II
Requisition #: 214704
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 13, 2020
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Therapist Fellow II:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Team Coordinator and/or Clinical Specialist, and leadership of the Rehab Therapy Services Team Leader and/or Acute Care, Inpatient or Outpatient Manager. In addition, the Therapist Fellow works under the direction of the fellowship director and in collaboration with the fellowship faculty in conjunction with the Team leadership.
- Collaborates with the fellowship director and fellowship faculty to ensure the fellowship curriculum enhances learning and achievement.
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess functional impairments
- Uses evidence based practice to make treatment decisions
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function.
- Rotates through assigned areas of department or may have the opportunity to focus on one service area
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care based upon the most current evidence
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care
-Achieves at least 80% on all exams and competencies as a measure of successful achievement of fellowship curriculum
-Achieves minimum outcome criteria for all didactic experiences, university teaching, clinical experiences, and preparation of scholarly activity (i.e. chapter, case report, clinical commentary, professional presentation, etc).
40 hours per week
Licensure from State of Maryland. CPR certification
Bachelors Degree required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.