Requisition #: 411223
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 11, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 411223
Location: Howard County General Hospital, 5755 Cedar Lane, Columbia MD 21044
Limited time (24 hours)
Evening shift, 11:00 am - 11:30 pm
The Central Transporter services the entire hospital, providing safe, efficient and effective transportation of patients, medical equipment and/or supplies. The central transporter, through communication linkage with the dispatcher, is continuously on-call enabling rapid response to customer needs, and allowing direct care services to be provided in a timely manner. Communication occurs on a regular basis with the care team. Communication is occasionally required outside of the care team for clarification or problem-solving.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. One year experience in a health care setting providing services to patients preferred.
- Employee demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit as indicated by the following:
- Demonstrates ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of age related growth and development for the patients under his/her care.
- Demonstrates ability to provide the care needed as described in the job description and the department's scope of service for the patient groups under his/her care.
- Must be able to read and follow directions, complete basic forms, note time and difficulties encountered.
- Will be instructed in and required to manage the functions in the transporter menu of Meditech (pull up master schedule, use e-mail, use of nurse call).
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.