Trauma Physician Assistant, PRN
Requisition #: 187410
Location: Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20810
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 21, 2019
The PRN Trauma Physician Assistant / Trauma PA will work within our Level II Trauma Center, one of only four hospitals in Maryland given that recognition and we see approximately 1,500 trauma patients annually.
- Responds to all trauma activations
- First Assist in the Operating Room in Trauma and General Surgery cases
- Performs primary/secondary surveys and fast exams
- Interprets gross CT findings for appropriate consults (Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, OMFS, and Plastic Surgery)
- Assists with chest tube insertion and central line placement under the direct supervision of the Trauma attending
- Performs daily rounds on Trauma patients
- 12hr shifts available
- Days (7a - 7:30p) and Nights (7p - 7:30a) are available
- Minimum of 2 shifts per 6 week schedule required
- Minimum of 2 years Neurosurgery experience
- Current Maryland State license from Maryland Board of Physicians
- Current certification by the NCCPA
- ACLS and BLS certifications
- ATLS recommended but not required
- Successful completion of Physician Assistant program which is accredited by the American Medical Assoc.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.