Trauma Physician Assistant / Trauma PA, Rotating Shifts
Requisition #: 185633
Location: Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20810
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: April 17, 2019
Suburban Hospital is part of the prestigious Johns Hopkins Health System that employs more than 20,000 people. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Johns Hopkins career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations, and the health insurance industry.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, are located just outside of the D.C metro area, and offer exciting career opportunities in a caring environment that recognizes individual talent, ability and contribution.
The Trauma Physician Assistant / Trauma PA will work within our Level II Trauma Center, one of only four hospitals in Maryland given that recognition and we see approximately 1,500 trauma patients annually.
- Responds to all trauma activations
- First Assist in the Operating Room in Trauma and General Surgery cases
- Performs primary/secondary surveys and fast exams
- Interprets gross CT findings for appropriate consults (Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, OMFS, and Plastic Surgery)
- Assists with chest tube insertion and central line placement under the direct supervision of the Trauma attending
- Performs daily rounds on Trauma patients
- Provides cross coverage of Neurosurgery rounds and consults
- Full Time, 36hrs per week
- Rotating Days (7a - 7:30p) and Nights (7p - 7:30a)
- On Call is 1 weekend shift per 6 week schedule
- Minimum of 2 years Neurosurgery experience
- Current Maryland State license from Maryland Board of Physicians
- Current certification by the NCCPA
- ACLS and BLS certifications
- ATLS recommended but not required
- Successful completion of Physician Assistant program which is accredited by the American Medical Assoc.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.