Tutor Program Coordinator - Intergenerational Tutor Program
Requisition #: 432965
Location: Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 17, 2021
The The Tutor Program Coordinator will work within our OASIS Dept, which is a partnership between Suburban Hospital and the Oasis Life Long Learning Center. OASIS, is a unique educational program that supports healthy aging and recognizes that mature adults want to continue to grow, learn and be productive during the best years of their lives.
The Intergenerational Tutor Program Coordinator supports the overall Intergenerational Tutor Program and oversees communication, recruitment, selection, assignment and supervision of volunteer tutors.
- Coordinates with the OASIS National Tutoring Coordinator, local Tutor Trainer, OASIS staff, and local school representatives to maintain accurate contact information, up-to-date school tutor needs and assure necessary documentation is obtained throughout the academic year
- Acts as primary liaison to local partnering elementary schools representing the OASIS intergenerational tutoring program. Communicate with local school districts to remain current in curriculum changes that would impact the OASIS tutoring program
- Develops guidelines and manages administrative needs of the tutoring program including the recruitment, selection and development of tutors with the assistance of volunteers (tutors, lead tutors and ancillary support volunteers)
- Develops, creates and updates communication media for tutors (i.e. Tutor newsletter, website. E-blasts). Responsible for oversight of Tutor Library and Tutor resources
- Promotes OASIS, Johns Hopkins Medicine, and Suburban Hospital in the community while marketing and conducting Intergenerational Tutor Presentations
- Part time, 24hrs per week
- Days, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or a related field, Master's degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3yrs experience in training and program management
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.