Volunteer Services Manager
Requisition #: 188111
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 4, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Develops and implements policy, strategy, and tactics to engage staff and the community in volunteerism that aligns with the strategic goals of the hospital. Develops and implements policy, strategy, and tactics to provide educational opportunities to community members who are not seeking school credit or licensure. Ensures volunteer services and educational opportunities are integrated across the hospital and community. Engages stakeholders in the recruitment, oversight, and retention of volunteers in their department or organization.
- Promotes, maintains, and evaluates community and staff volunteerism to align opportunities with the hospital’s strategic plan.
- Manages all aspects of campus volunteer opportunities to ensure excellence in volunteer experiences and services.
- Maintains databases for hospital volunteers and staff volunteerism and engagement internally and in the community so that all aspects of staff and community volunteerism are tracked and reported.
- Creates and communicates budget to ensure adherence to budget.
- Collaborates internally and externally to advance and support volunteer and educational opportunities.
- Engages in hospital volunteer leadership organizations and with hospital volunteer leadership professionals to gather new ideas to implement in JHACH’s volunteer program.
- Fosters an environment of safety, engagement, and excellence in volunteers and volunteer department staff to deliver excellence in all aspects of JHACH’s volunteer program.
- Coordinates activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards (i.e. TJC, CMS, AHCA, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years of volunteer management experience in a human services, social services, or related environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of staff supervisory or managerial experience.
- Program management, problem solving, conflict resolution, strategic planning and staff supervision experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, ability to interact with diverse staff, volunteers, community members and patients and their families.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and collaborate with staff at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to motivate and lead others using interpersonal, structural, and educational methods.
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite and data management applications. Writing sample may be requested during interview process.
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Primarily office and hospital buildings, some travel required to visit Outpatient Care Centers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.