VP Finance- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
Requisition #: 217466
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 23, 2020
The VP Finance serves as a vital leader within the JH-HCBS Corporate Staff team and is responsible for and oversees the financial affairs of JH-HCBS and their subsidiaries, in compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements. These activities include accounting ( financial and cost), financial statement preparation, financial planning, capital financing, budgeting, audits, regulatory cost reporting, and monitoring financial performance and productivity. Additionally, the VP Finance is directly responsible for oversight of all Patient Financial Services operations, including accounts receivables management and associated cash flow. These functions are done in close collaboration with all Johns Hopkins Medicine entities and personnel.
Reports to the President of Johns Hopkins Home Care Group/ JHHS- President of Home and Community Based Services and Chief Financial Officer for Johns Hopkins Health System; will work collaboratively with Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Potomac Home Health, Potomac Home Support leadership and Johns Hopkins Health System management to achieve joint objectives.
- Master’s degree (MBA, Finance or Accounting) required. CPA Preferred.
- Ten (10) years progressive responsible finance management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Home Care experience highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Solid knowledge in Patient Financial Services operations
- Solid knowledge of strategic planning, finance, and cost controls as acquired through executive experience
- Ability to assign physical, human and financial resources as necessary to accomplish the strategic objectives of JH-HCBS.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides the preparation of monthly financial statements and budget variance analyses and presents them to HCBS Leadership and the multiple Boards of Directors.
- Works with the HCBS leadership team to develop corrective action plans and cost containment measures, as necessary, and monitors subsequent effectiveness.
- Provides financial and statistical information needed by administration and management for planning.
- Directs the process of the annual operating and capital budget and coordinates prepares and presents them to the appropriate Boards and committees.
- Serves as the chair for minority owned entity- AHN-HME Board appointed Finance Committee.
- Responsible for recommending the agenda for the HCBS Board Finance Committee, preparation of all supporting documents, oversight of minutes and other staff support functions.
- Performs financial analysis and makes recommendations for major capital expenditures and new program development. All analyses are to be prepared in the JHM Business Plan Template format. Creates monitoring systems to measure on-going performance of programs and services.
- Oversees all Patient Financial Services operations, including accounts receivables management and associated cash flow. Works directly with all clinical operations directors to coordinate all activities to maximize and accelerate cash collections and minimize bad debt write-offs and unbilled accounts receivable.
- Assures all financial operations function efficiently and effectively in compliance with all applicable policies and procedures and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the overall financial planning and control of HCBS fiscal resources. This is a major challenge due to the centralization of JHHS finance functions.
- Keeps the President and the Board of Directors informed of financial trends having impact on JHHCG, PHHC, PHS and their affiliates.
- Sets strategic direction and develops appropriate tactical plans to meet current and future strategic objectives.
- Serves as a goal leader and oversees the associated tactics for the JH-HCBS strategic goal- “Increasing Funding Opportunities” and a strategic tactic leader for “5 Year Facilities Plan”.
- Over sees the efficient use of EPSI system in alignment with JHM standards. This includes oversight of the tools for budgeting, cost accounting and profitability analysis, contract tools for modeling and long-term strategic planning (e.g 10 Year Plan)
Johns Hopkins Medicine.