Requisition #: 182300
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 14, 2020
Working under the direction of the Manager of Strategic Web Services, the Developer will be responsible for prototyping, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, implementing, and maintaining moderate to complex web-based applications for Johns Hopkins Medicine.
The Developer will focus on core applications for both the internet and intranet sites, and will be responsible to develop new applications, as well as providing application support for both new and legacy web applications in the system.
Hours: Days- Full Time 40 hours
Work location: 901 S. Bond Street, Baltimore, MD 21231
Education: A minimum of an Associate's degree required.
A minimum of 5 years in a web-application development environment, developing various applications for a variety of internal applications, clientele and/or related vendors is required.
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Extensive experience with .NET framework and experience writing web applications using C#
- Familiarity with developing web sites within a Content Management System.
- Development within Sitecore CMS is beneficial
- Experience in version control tools such as SVN, Git, SDM, CVS or other source control software.
- Experience with SQL, MySQL, or another relational database system.
- Develop custom web-based applications based on end user requirements and process improvements.
- Conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages, as well as the ability to organize and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven understanding online privacy and security standards and methods, such as HIPAA and PCI.
- Experience with web server administration (IIS, Apache, other Web Server) is a plus.
- Experience with Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Console is a plus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.