Web Content Coordinator-Johns Hopkins Home Care
Requisition #: 586824
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 27, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 586824
Location: 901 S Bond St, Baltimore MD 21231
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:30am – 5:00pm; No weekend work required
As part of the Internet Strategy & Web Services team, the Web Content Coordinator assists in promoting Johns Hopkins Medicine’s mission, brand and achievements through a wide range of digital strategies. This position is within the Web Content Unit and works in a matrixed environment. The Web Content Coordinator works closely with Web Content Specialists and collaborates with all teams within Marketing & Communications, as well as other departments throughout the health system. The position's primary responsibilities are:
• Update websites through page builds, search engine optimization and article development.
• Help develop and maintain processes to keep content development and related digital projects running smoothly.
• Write, edit, and proofread content for web pages, applications, new media and other forms of communication to ensure consistency in style and tone as assigned.
• Support the ongoing efforts of other content team members as assigned.
• Coordinate and collaborate with web team, internal clients, Marketing & Communications colleagues in media, editorial, multimedia, business stakeholders, vendors/free lancers, project managers and other contributors including usability analysts, designers, testers and developers to ensure consistency in style, tone, branding and quality of hopkinsmedicine.org subsidiary sites and other online content.
Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or Journalism or related field, or equivalent education and related training
Required Work Experience:
1 year of related experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Medical or health-related institution and Web writing experience
- Marketing communications or corporate communications writing and editing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and results of search engine optimized sites that rank high on major search engines for relevant key words
- Knowledge of HTML, understanding how copy translates to code
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, results-driven personality.
Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to write clear, concise copy
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Solid teamwork skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to utilize Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel locally as needed
- Working knowledge and experience using content management systems, social media tools and related Web applications
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.