Women's & Infants Services RN Clinical Coordinator
Requisition #: 196083
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 1, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the direct and indirect care of patients on WIS. Plans, organizes, and directs staff in order to meet workload demand and maintain operational efficiency. Role includes clinical practice, staff development, consultation, leadership, and support. Works with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure lines of communication are open and processes for quality patient care and problem resolution are in place and utilized. Develops and monitors quality improvement issues and assures team members are competent to provide care for patients. Understands, utilizes, and is able to interpret and follow hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Serves as a representative of the hospital and as a clinical role model in all interactions with patients, family visitors, physicians, and other staff members. Acts in concert with physician and scheduling leadership to ensure clinically appropriate, safe and CMS core measure complaint scheduling of obstetrical procedures. Managerial oversight of Maternal Fetal Medicine and WIS Float Pool as well as managerial duties to ensure 24/7 coverage of Labor and Delivery, Special Care Nursery, Family-Centered Care, and Lactation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a WIS setting (Labor and Delivery preferred).
- Minimum of one (1) year management experience preferred.
- Must maintain current CPR and NRP.
- Current ACLS certification required.
- Nationally recognized certification in nursing administration and/or an appropriate specialty preferred.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.