Zone Maintenance Skilled Worker
Requisition #: 189679
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Jan. 15, 2020
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Transportation of vacant patient beds, the inspection and repair of shop equipment as well as assisting maintenance mechanics in maintenance and repair of building systems and components. This work is performed under general supervision using tools and techniques.
Full Time, Day Shift (40 hours a week)
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Weekend work required
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 4940 Eastern Ave
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1-year related work experience in a construction trade such as plumbing, carpentry, electrical or mechanical. The full time equivalent spent in trades program may count toward the 1-year work experience requirement
- Knowledge of basic electrical, carpentry, mechanical, and plumbing tools and materials
- Knowledge of safety rules, procedures and practices, including the proper use of safety equipment as defined by OSHA and industry standards
- Applies trades and safety knowledge indicated here in.
- Ability to use tools and materials safely.
- Ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein
- Requires proficient written and verbal English communication skills, at least on a high school graduate level, to interact with departmental/JHH staff. Identifies and avoids hazards as indicated by warning labels, signage, lights and other warnings.
- Performs work within reasonable lengths of time as measured against trade, industry or engineered standards
- Experience with all types of tools and equipment normally used in the various trades, including specialized equipment, as well as common power bench and hand tools (such as drills, grinders, compressed air) and non-powered tools
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Work requires reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
Requires ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke – Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.