View All Jobs at Sibley Memorial Hospital
About Sibley Memorial Hospital
Sibley Memorial Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, has a distinguished history of serving the community since its founding in 1890. As a not-for-profit and full-service community hospital, Sibley offers medical, surgical, intensive care, obstetric, oncology, orthopaedic and skilled nursing inpatient services, as well as a 24-hour Emergency Department. Sibley’s campus is also home to Grand Oaks, an assisted living residence; a medical building with physician offices and ambulatory surgery and imaging centers; and the new patient tower with 200 spacious, private rooms.
The New Sibley building, including the recently constructed Emergency Department, features:
- 200 fully private patient rooms with accommodations for visitors
- An expanded medical oncology and inpatient oncology units
- A new Women's and Infant's Services department, including 18 private special care nursery bassinets
- An orthopaedic unit with a dedicated rehabilitation gym
- Integrated technology focused on improving the patient and visitor experience
We are committed to offering relationship-based care and integrative health and wellness that keep the patient at the center of everything we do. Our nurses, clinicians and professionals allow us to excel at serving our community. It’s their skills, expertise and dedication to using research, innovation, Lean principles and educational opportunities that have helped transform Sibley Memorial Hospital into one of the most innovative community hospitals anywhere.
Sibley overlooks the Potomac River, bordering Maryland and Virginia in a beautiful residential neighborhood in Northwest Washington, D.C. Our population-based community care supporting healthy collaboration, professional practice and development at all levels have been recognized with NICHE designation, the Daisy Award for Exceptional Nurses and being named by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality.
Join us, and help deliver on The Promise of Medicine by providing community care that sets the standard for excellence.
Nurses Improving Care for
Thanking Extraordinary Nurses
Journey to Magnet Excellence
We are excited to announce that we are beginning our quest to obtain the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition® (link opens in a new window). This program designates organizations worldwide where nursing successfully aligns strategic goals to improve the organization’s patient outcomes and demonstrates commitment to employee engagement. The Magnet Recognition Program provides a roadmap to nursing excellence, which benefits the whole organization.
In-House Contract PACU RN - Endoscopy
New Grad RN - Mother/Baby
RN Med/Surg FT Rotating
- Up to 26 days paid leave upon employment
- Health, dental, vision, life, supplemental life, and long- and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions
- 403(b) plan (nonbenefits eligible employees)
- Educational assistance program
- Free parking
- Cafeteria discount
- NIH Federal Credit Union
- Direct deposit
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition and awards
- Flexible spending accounts (health and dependent)
- Commuter transportation benefits
- Online education
- 3,000-Square-Foot Innovation Hub
- The Leapfrog Group awards Sibley an "A" for Patient Safety
- 50 Greenest Hospitals in America – Becker's Hospital Review (2017)
- Voted Best Hospital in D.C. – Washington City Paper (2018)
Connect with Us:
Join Our Talent Network
Stay connected with Johns Hopkins Medicine and receive alerts with new job opportunities and news relative to your interests.