Social Worker I
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Columbia, MD 21044
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
The Psychiatric LCSW-C or LCPC is responsible to implement the plan of care for specific patients, beginning on admission and following through until discharge and insuring appropriate clinical intervention. Collaboration with the patient, family, Interdisciplinary Care Team members and external healthcare providers to assure safe, timely and efficient care is required. Initiates the plan of care and monitors its implementation. Functions as a member of the team in coordination of care to patients and serves as a problem solving resource. Position requires innovative skills for continuous improvement in patient outcomes and cost effectiveness. Internal communication is required outside of the work group to persuade or gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas.
- Provides direct psychological, social and practical care to a select caseload of patients and families including social work assessments, problem identification, goal setting and implementation of care plans.
- Makes referrals to outside agencies and coordinates continuity of care.
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes.
- Contributes to the attainment of organizational goals.
- Employee demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Demonstrates ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs.
- MS Social Work from an accredited school of social work required.
- Must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners at the LMSW-C level.
- 2 year of experience in providing clinical social work service, preferably, in a mental health/health care setting.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.