Patient Service Representative
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Bradenton, FL 34201
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Day Shift
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital we offer an excellent Benefits Package, to include:
- Affordable healthcare
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Life and disability insurance
- Opportunities for career development
- Employee discount program - travel, tickets, dining and more!
Patient Service Representative Position Summary:
The PSR supports administrative operations by working closely with families in a way that supports the culture of JHACH. The position interacts with physicians, clinical staff and other administrative positions to accurately schedule, register, financially clear (rehab only) and support daily operations.
Patient Service Representative Key Accountabilities:
- Greets patients, answers telephone calls, and has interactions with patients to enhances the customer experience
- Pulls, controls and files patient charts to facilitate the availability of timely medical information and protects a patient's privacy
- Schedules and pre-registers patients following established policies and procedures to ensure accuracy
- Assists in the completion of eligibility and authorizations to ensure patients are financially cleared prior to service delivery
- Accurately checks-in patients following established processes while maximizing efficacy to facilitate seamless throughput to the next step of a patients visit
- Checks out patients including scheduling follow-up appointments and ancillary procedures across multiple services to support continuity of patient care
- Enters charges, collects payment and handles cash following established procedures to support revenue cycle processes
- Follows organizational policies and procedures that support job responsibilities to work across multiple departments
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hrs/wk
Work Location: Bradenton, FL
Patient Service Representative Qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- 1 year of medical office experience or business experience in a health plan, outpatient healthcare delivery site, clinic, hospital or other equivalent healthcare setting and/or 1 year of customer service experience as a call center rep, receptionist, cashier, or similar front facing customer service role
- Knowledge of healthcare business office procedures including: registration, scheduling, medical record management, insurance
- Skilled in greeting patients and answering telephones in a pleasant and helpful manner, speaking clearly and concisely
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins! Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.