- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Washington, DC 20001
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
The Mammographer Technologist operates all breast imaging equipment located in the Breast Center for the purposes of performing screening and diagnostic mammography exams, and assisting with needle localizations, stereo-tactic breast biopsies and ultrasound biopsies. Performs DEXA scans for osteoporosis studies, according to physician orders. Ensures that our commitment to excellence in customer service is accomplished throughout the daily work schedule. Fosters a positive work environment for patients, colleagues and referring physicians. Insures compliance with all the terms and conditions of the Mammography Quality Standards Act.
Johns Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC is hiring for a Staff Mammographer.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- Under general supervision and in consultation with the Radiologist, performs mammography procedures of a routine and difficult nature.
- Uses defined procedures, protocols and equipment to provide information to support the clinical diagnosis.
- Verifies that proper anatomical structures of the breast are demonstrated for radiologic interpretation.
- Operates stationary and portable radiographic equipment to perform the procedures.
- Load Cassettes and processes images for final analysis.
- Ensures that equipment is running at its optimum peak.
- Document quality assurance.
- Performs quality control checks on images produced.
- Determines proper technical factors such as voltage, current, exposure time, focal distance which are based on patient size, physical condition and suspected pathology.
- Instructs student technologists and new staff in Radiographic anatomy and positioning and reviews all images performed in training.
- Ensures patient's privacy, safety, and comfort.
- Assist patient on and off of examination table.
- Explains the procedure to the patient.
- Works cooperatively within own unit/department and with other units and departments.
- Requires completion of an AMA approved program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent, which normally is acquired in a two-year college or technical school program.
- Radiography license by the Maryland Board of Physicians.
- ARRT certified in Mammography with current registration.
- BLS/CPR certification.
- A minimum of 3-6 months experience performing mammography procedures is required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.