- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
JHU Outpatient and Surgery Center is hiring for Radiation Technician with experince working with Elekta & Mosaiq.
Monday - Friday 6a-4:30p
4 –10-hour shifts
- Accurately delivers the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy according to department protocols.
- Verbal and visual confirmation of patient's identification.
- Reads and reviews treatment chart prior to treatments to confirm diagnosis, area, energy, technique, daily dose, total dose and beam modifiers.
- Verbally explains treatment procedure to patient.
- Prepares treatment room and necessary equipment.
- Maintains visual and oral communication via closed circuit T.V. and intercom system while patient is undergoing treatment.
- Maintains written radiation therapy treatment records in an accurate and legible manner.
- Interviews patients for history pertaining to IV contrast administration.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self according to prescribed radiation safety standards.
- Prepares patients for various procedures according to established Radiation Oncology Department protocols.
- Visually reviews exposed port films for proper positioning, technique, identification and correct placement of right (R) and left (L) lead markers.
- Develops port films with an automatic processor.
- Completes all applicable paperwork with computerized hospital information system forms or a handwritten hard copy.
- Accurately sets-up and operates Diode System to verify radiation dosages. Records results and submits to Dosimetry for calculations.
- Accurately sets-up and operates QA dosimeter systems when performing morning linear accelerator warm-up. Knowledge of procedure to follow when data results are outside established tolerances.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of Radiation Oncology Department. Cleans all treatment immobilization devices after each patient with hospital-approved disinfectant.
- Keeps all related equipment off the floor and onto an elevated structure.
- Assists radiation oncologist during simulation procedure by providing a means of localizing the tumor volume while identifying normal structures. Produces a geometric set-up of external beam portals that can be reproduced at time of treatment. These functions will be performed under CT guidance and in combination with the treatment unit. The CT simulator unit will be utilized to perform all tumor localizations (simulations). Knowledge of mathematical and geometrical components to properly ensure tumor localization is required. Ability to operate various computerized equipment. Obtains informed consent and facial ID photograph. Accurately tattoos treatment field after simulation films are approved. Obtains photographs of treatment set¬up fields in a manner that depicts a true representation of the patient set-up. Accurately describes patient setup position including immobilization devices.
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- ACLS/BLS certification required.
- Graduation from a radiology program and have completed RCIS certification. At least 1 year experience in the cath lab.
- Working knowledge of all radiological equipment.
- Must have experince working with Elekta & Mosaiq.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.