Phlebotomist I Per Diem
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Rotating Shift
As a research and teaching hospital, we offer the best in pediatric medicine. Our network features over 590+ physicians and specialists providing high quality care in more than 50 pediatric medical and surgical sub-specialties.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
Work Hours: Rotating Shift/ PRN (8 hours)
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- The laboratory phlebotomist I is responsible for pre analytical processes including the performance of a variety of phlebotomy functions including specimen collection and sample processing in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
- Collects specimens in accordance with laboratory policies, reporting any variations to the supervisor.
- Functions are completed effectively and accurately ensuring the department's needs are met in a timely manner.
- Provides effective service excellence for each patient encounter ensuring positive outcomes.
- Possesses strong communication skills, high attention to detail, and can be relied upon for dependable and consistent work output.
- A minium of a High School Diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- 1 year phlebotomy experience or phlebotomy certification course completion
- Rigid accuracy in identification & reporting of numbers and names
- Ability to enter computer data into Laboratory Information System
- Ability to use automated instruments and mechanical apparatus with appropriate training
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. Effective 6/1/23, employees at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, its affiliate locations and Florida State Residents are not required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccine. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities. We encourage you to explore our current opportunities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.