- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Non-Clinical Professional
- Rotating Shift
Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees.
Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, and international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Communication Specialist role is integral to the daily operations of the Transfer Center and Transport Team. Manages patient referral calls from outside hospitals with the intent of facilitating consults or admission, and follows through to completion. Responsible for the dispatch, real-time tracking and monitoring of LifeLine teams.
Work Hours: Rotating Shift/ Part Time
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
• A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
• Current Licensure as EMT, Paramedic or RN with three years’ experience in a clinical setting OR a minimum of two years EMS or law enforcement dispatch experience.
• Ability to utilize critical thinking in determining best options for referrals and transport
1. Coordinates in-patient and referral calls from outside facilities for potential hospital admission or consult
2. Manages trauma, ECMO and CVOR activations resulting in staff and facility preparation
3. Dispatches and tracks LifeLine ground transport services through Zoll software; following and charting throughout transport
4. Ability to operate UHF, VHF, Aviation and Push To Talk radio systems
5. Dispatches and tracks air transport services through tracking software and effective use of radio communications, following and charting throughout transport
6. Documents referral calls in Teletracking program in order to provide information regarding care coordination
7. Assists in facilitating both national and international fixed wing flights
8. Ensures that the Post Accident Incident Plan (PAIP) is initiated and adhered to for both ground and air transports when applicable
9. Maintains professional growth and education including all required competencies and mandated in-services
10. Provides fire suppression support for flights as needed
11. Participates in public relations events, including but not limited to 10th floor tours, helipad tours and speaking about the program
12. Supports the daily operations of the transfer center and transport team through assistance with preparation, communication and follow up
13. Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety regulations, disaster plans, infection control policies, fire safety regulations, and biohazard material disposal policies
JHACH prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.