Medical Economics Specialist
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health Plans, Hanover, MD 21076
- Day Shift
Who you are:
As a Medical Economics Specialist, you tell your story best with data, supporting a myriad of business units throughout Johns Hopkins Health Plans. You are a problem-solver and can be counted on to be organized, detail-oriented, and able to communicate your data to all your key stakeholders. You will collaborate with a group of Healthcare Economics professionals to support the organization’s goal of providing executive leadership with actionable intelligence related to the financial, clinical, and analytical performance of various lines of business within Johns Hopkins Health Plans (JHHP).
What you’ll do:
- Develop reporting and analyses to measure health plan trends and performance.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop analyses aimed at identifying key performance drivers.
- Work closely with team members to ensure knowledge sharing of best technical and analytic practices.
- Serves as a go-to for leaders and stakeholders throughout the organization to craft creative analytic approaches to practical business issues.
- Leads development and production of cost, revenue, and utilization reporting, incorporating both internal and external benchmarks.
- Manage the needs of various stakeholders in projects. This would include designing communication processes, project timelines and formal presentations.
- Supports ad-hoc reporting and analysis for business units throughout the organization.
What you bring:
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare
- Experience with analysis of healthcare claims data.
- Financial/accounting and statistical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, data analytics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, business administration or similar degree.
- Master’s degree or professional designation in Economics, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other technical subject preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey information relevant to a project to senior management
- Requires knowledge of health care analytics, financial, statistical and data science concepts, as well as an extensive knowledge of SQL, Tableau and Power BI a plus.
Who we are:
Johns Hopkins Health Plans (JHHP) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine. JHHP is a $3B business serving over 500,000 active members with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHP is a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, at Johns Hopkins Health Plans, we are setting the pace for change within the healthcare industry. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for our members and the communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, and have a passion to be at the forefront of change, JHHP is the place to call home.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.